Senin, 28 Juni 2010

PART2Why do bosses treat their employees like shit?!?

In the previous post “Why do bosses treat their employees like shit?!?” I didn’t have the answer to why a lot of bosses treat their employees like shit. In this second part, I would like to share what could be the answer to that question. Again you may agree or disagree, but feel free to share your thought.

To answer the question, let me tell you why I put up Richard Branson’s photo in the first post. A few years back when I used to live in Sydney Australia, I had a chance to have a chat with one of Virgin Music’s staff about his big boss (at that time, Richard Branson still owned Virgin Music).

Long before I met that guy, I heard stories about Richard Branson. One of the stories is about his principle in treating his employees. He believes that in order a company can be successful; a company needs to make sure that their employees are happy working for their bosses. His logic is very simple, if the staffs are happy, they will work to their maximum capacity for the company they work for, therefore the result will be a good one. It ain’t rocket science guys. He also knows that the only way to make sure that happens is by treating his employees’ right. In fact if I’m not mistaken, he will put his staffs before his customers.

With this knowledge, I made an assumption of why some bosses don’t do the same like Richard Branson even after a few bad experiences with their staff leaving. I think the answer is simple, they simply don’t understand why it is very important to keep their staff happy (or they never thought about it that way).

The second question is why they don’t learn from past mistakes? I can see it as a mistake, but they’ve never seen it as a mistake (simply because they don’t realize that what they’re doing is wrong). They simply put the wrong in their staff (because most people like to blame others than themselves). So I guess it’s all about perception. How we see things.

If you or the people you know keep losing good employees, let see it from a different angle. Let ask ourselves a question, “what could I have done better?”.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar